Jesse James,,,,sounds like you've had a change of heart where
'Old Blue' is concerned, that is, wearing out the Firestone's
and going to Radials? Glad to hear that, you must have
opted for more Advil in stead of putting him out to pasture.
"new formula and they do not flat spot", would those be
Cooker tires ya got there?
I always thought the advantaged that the radial tire had over
the bias tire was mostly that they ran cooler, had a longer
useful life, rode smoother, safer and more stable at speed
better handling during cornering because the side wall and
tread are not interdependent, keeping more of the tread in
contact with the road. I thing the list goes on but that's
enough for me to never ride on old lumpy again.
Longbox Bill, gottum question for you. In your reply you refer
to a 6.70-15, now that's a number that an old fart like me can
relate to or should I say, picture in my mind. Worked as an
inspector where metric was common place and never could
actually 'think' metric, I always had to do a conversion of
the numbers if you know what I mean.
Do you know of a chart or listing that compares the metric
sizes to the old standards from my youth, 'bout half century
back in time?????
Denny Graham
Still thinking in American English, in Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 05/12/2015 11:58 AM.