| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, R&S 51 GMC, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, Ponchogl, crenwelge, Gray_Ghost),
106
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,341 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | 1949 3100. I have a 350/TH400 in place on the frame using the front engine mounts from Classic Performance Products. I did not touch the the center riveted-on crossmember. I moved the original bolt-on transmission crossmember back 3 1/2 to 4 inches in order to line up with the rear mount of the TH400. I placed the rubber transmission mount between original transmission crossmember (in its new, rearward location) and the transmission. I mounted the cab to check for clearance and the cab hit the transmission. I only have 3/8" clearance between the center riveted-on crossmember and the bottom of the transmission, preventing me from lowering it any more to facilitate cab clearance. I decided to alter the contour of the bottom of the cab, moving it one inch rearward (easy to reverse if someone in the future wants to go back to the original shape). The carb mount surface is now parallel to the floor. So what is my question? I have read many posts about this modification and none of them described it as being as simple as this to do. There are posts referring to removing the center riveted-on crossmember, using aftermarket rear crossmember or notching out the original one, or cutting out a huge hole in the cab. What am I missing? Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | |
| |
| |