Hi Everyone,

This is a follow up to last week's request for an inspection of my brake repair. It didn't go as I had hoped. So today, I got out there and redid everything. OBTW, these brakes are on my 1953 3100. So here goes:

Left Rear Brakes

Right Rear Brakes

New Drum


Please take a look and let me know if I got it right this time. I think I got the short pads right, by putting them on the front or primary side and the long ones on the rear or secondary side. The primary spring went on first followed by the secondary spring. On the right rear pic, you can see that the secondary spring kinda hooked onto the primary spring when it went around the post. I'm hoping that isn't a problem. I'd hate to have to take it off again as I did ruin the spring removal tool in the process of taking it off the first time to correct the pad placement....


Mike
1953 3100
The Gray Ghost
My Project journal