Those key are ladies in waiting Gus, blanks just waiting to be assigned.

Thanks Tim, that's the catalyst I needed. That is obviously
for a GMC and no doubt the same as the Chevy, but where did
you get that from???? I see the heading says 'classified'?

Now that I see it, that side mount lock could easily be
reproduced using one of the 5/8" dog bone locking trailer
hitch pin tumblers. Just need to pick one with key's similar
to the GM Briggs key. The housing, nut and nut retainer could
easily be made to look just like an original one. The cover
could be whittled out of an aluminum chunk in the band saw and
finish machined in the Bridgeport or maybe Cast? In fact that
part is the perfect project for the five gallon aluminum
furnace that I've been waiting to put together and try my
hand at aluminum/zinc casting. The lock housing is a simple
machining project to accept the donor tumbler and I've already
whipped up some nuts similar to those for my under bed carrier.
Thanks, just what I need, another project, well that's
what I get for askin'!

Denny G


Denny G
Sandwich, IL