Are we talking about the radiator support? The big "U" shaped part the fenders bolt to? Or are we talking about the flange on the radiator? No need to modify the support. The Radiator will fit into the inside of the support. About 3/4 to 1 inch forward of the stock location. You might need to trim the flange at the bottom to get it down far enough. I have. The best solution is still the plate and the 216 water pump. The fan is out of the way and the water pump is moved to the right place on the Radiator. Better air flow and a shorter engine. I have not seen a tilted radiator, but that is just me. 235/261 replacement was and still is a common "easy" upgrade to a bad 216. I have not tried to shove a 350, or a 292 into one so what do I know? What issue would trimming the flange cause? unless you want a 100% "stock" look. Then how are you gonna hide that 235?


Steve H