I did a 235/PowerGlide to 350/350 conversion in my chevy styleline 1950 so I know where and how to fix crossmembers and engine mounts. That time I used Walton Fabrication. Was easy as heck.
The problem today is my 4 speed is really difficult to change gears byt it works. And I have the spicer PTO with two output shafts. It works really well too. So I am struggeling.
Keep original manual gearbox and still have a E-brake that works perfect. And just change engine to a V8. If I decide to swap all out I have to convert to and electric winch and electric power the hoist. And have to try to fit the E-brake drum and that with a TH400 ... don't know if this is a good choice.
Well well, this year busy fixing my Galaxie 59 into running condition. So this will have to wait anyhow until next winter.


My Chevy Viking 1959

Ulf Hedlund. Eskilstuna. Sweden
[email protected]
Also:
Ford Galaxie 4 dr 1959
Ford Custom 4 dr 1964
Ford Mustang GT 2005