Originally Posted by Cletus1950
If they were available for trucks was it common to have them on trucks?
That is a personal taste question, some people liked them some didn't.
I would say not common, because they were work trucks.
And it wasn't a factory installed item, but was a GM designed item.
Farmers didn't really care about BLING
Although, I'm sure there were some GM dealer salesmen that were pretty good at talking people into buy them.
I like'm though.

For 1949 Chev Dealer Accessories that were available.
Click HERE PDF page 49, actual page 99
The 1950 resto pack didn't have Accessories page.
Click Here for GM resto packs Click on show

Accessories
Definition: Items made available at extra cost through
the parts and accessories department and installed by
the customer or his dealer.

Source:
Chevrolet Passenger Car & Truck Specifications pack
Chevrolet Truck Restoration Pack
GM Vehicle Information Kits
All are one in the same.