I live in a mountainios area though. The back roads here are pretty harsh. I'd probably be going 15mph around the curves and smoke the tranny going up and smoke the brakes going down.
Pretty sure I'll hire it out.
My trailer is a tilt bed. Trailer weighs close to 3k its self. I know it'd be doable if it was like "down the road", but 80 miles, no.
I did haul a '53 2 ton a couple years ago, actually from the same ranch, to the same place as this time, but it had a real crappy flat bed, so I removed it to save weight. My truck handled that fine. I was going 50 up a big hill. The bed throws me off because it could put to much weight behind the axles. Can't load it backwards because the dualies won't go between the fenders.
I may have to remove this bed, I think you just knock out the hinge pin and the pins on the hydrolic cylinders. Then haul the bed seperately.