Cletis - don't make the same mistake I made and have your grill rechromed. I cannot bring myself to put in back in the truck as it looks too good and makes the rest of the truck look shabby.

I bought another old grill to install in my truck till I get around to fixing up the rest of the truck, the chromed grill will go into a suburban I am building instead.

I had some really rusty hubcaps on my '35. I used rubbing compound mixed with autowax and a very fine steel wool. I coated them well and then let them sit till they dried throroughly and then polished them with an old diaper.

The key is being very gentle with the steel wool and being very agressive with the polishing after it is dry.

[img]http://www.kinemation.com/Trucks/Images/before.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kinemation.com/Trucks/Images/after.jpg[/img]

They aren't perfect, but I felt I had nothing to lose as they are not originals and were very rusty to start with. They have stayed nice and shiney with the coat of regular old car wax the last couple of years.