| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Woodcmiami, Jon G, 2-Ton, Pre '68 Dave, Rusted Nut, 55shaker, Bill Hanlon),
117
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,260 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I've assembled some multi piece wheels for a quite fancy and nicely restored 1928 Hudson. The wheels were painted and perfect, lock rings chromed as I recall. I was not allowed to harm paint or chrome... It really wasn't that hard to do using some tape on the tools and many pieces of a cut up antifreeze or oil jug between the parts as they slipped together and to further pad the tool.
I also put tires on my 22.5 wheels which were powder coated, used the same tricks. Also no trouble at all and no harm to the finish. Tubeless tires are quite easy to install in comparison though.
I think that given the same care at assembly (do it yourself, not at tire shop) you'll find good quality powder coating to be more durable and less risk of damage than painted wheels. Also, no reason at all you can't touch up a nick in powdercoat with paint if it becomes necessary.
Grigg | | |
| |
| |