| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
116
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,541 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 98 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 98 | Great tip abut cupping the hand over the throat Dave. I'll definitely try that before the propane check. I don't see any black smoke when it's missing. The backfiring out of the tailpipes is a rapid popping- nothing really big. Just a pretty constant rapid pop. I've done the 12 volt conversion and added a Pertonix coil. I have all new plugs and wires so I'm pretty sure the ignition parts are all good. I used a vacuum gauge that is placed over the throat of the carbs to set them up (float in the gauge rises and falls in a tube depending on vac amount) and had them tuned so they were running extremely well before one day just crapping out.Thanks again for the tip and the insight.
Semper Fi, Rick
1952 Chevy 3100 Semper Fi !
| | |
| |
| |