To answer some of the questions and comments above...

I have seen the dealer installed turn signals on top of fenders and my reaction to those has always been..."ummm NO" LOL

Cutting holes in the fenders for the lights? No big deal. my fenders suffered through decades of farm work and they show it. I'm going to have to straighten and patch, so a hole for a side marker light is just part of it.

I'm not so concerned about the wires being under the fenders. The headlight wires are under the front fenders and if properly secured have no problems...so the side marker light wires should be okay. ...and I'm not planning on going off read like a Jeep.

I realize that there are not many, if any, AD trucks that have side marker lights...and I'm okay with that. When my custom bed is complete, the tail lights and third brake light are going to be unique to my AD truck. Unique is not a bad thing as long as it compliments the styling of the truck. (my opinion)

Why? I am going to drive my truck, maybe not daily, but it will be on the road and going regularly. My plan is to enjoy it as much as possible. So I am making "upgrades" for comfort, reliability and safety. I think side markers are necessary when driving at night for visibility. (again my opinion)

Overall, anything I add, I want it to look like it could have been standard equipment on the truck (even if it wasn't available at the time) so the overall style of the AD truck (which I think is a work of art) is not compromised.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts...all are appreciated.


'53 3100 5-window
'57 Mercury Monterey 2-Door Sedan
Tim H