You would have to cut holes in the fenders(not something I would do, but it is your truck) Add some wire. It is doable however, the last vehicle I owned with side markers in about the same location was a Jeep. It was less than 1 year before the road crap tore the wires off the lights. I fixed those lights and wires for over 20 years. Every year. You could get the accessory lights that are round and mount on top of the fender. They were how the dealer installed turn signals were put on back in the day. They have plenty of room to cut an opening for side markers if you want to keep the look and have marker lights. I had some of these little gems on my truck made mostly of rust. Beyond my skills to fix. They are almost 1 1/2 deep front to back and would accept a modification for the markers you want:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251817342759?rmvSB=true There are other makers. Some have plain yellow lenses and some have a lens on the front and the back. This is what went for signal lights at the time. The arrows are just fancy I guess.