| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (John Dlugos, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53, Buckeye998, Chip O),
204
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 | I'm considering a front disc brake conversion on my 41 3/4 ton. I could have swore that I read the only difference on the front suspension (except brake sizes) was the size of the axle itself (3/4 is thicker). All other components are the same size; king pins, wheel bearings, and spindle.
I was just told by a vender that is not true. 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton have different spindles, so their disc brake conversion kit will not work on a 3/4 ton.
Could someone please clarify this for me so I know what to look for? Thanks,
~ Victor 1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD 1957 3100 - moved on 1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on 1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on 1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter | | |
| |
| |