| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Nick in Manitou, Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, J Lucas, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, 2 invisible),
120
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | I had cracks in the fenders of my Willys Jeep that seemed to be caused by vibration and hitting the occasional tree. I fixed them by drilling a hole at the top of the crack (to relieve stress and stop it's spread) and then brazed the crack shut. That was before I had a mig welder but it held up fine. Now that I have the welding outfit I would probably weld the crack shut and grind it level.
The fenders are hung in such a way that they get exposed to quite a bit of stress and eventually they fatigue and crack. An extra brace rod or two may help a lot.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | |
| |
| |