One more "affirmative" on the ease of installing the cowl vent rubber. However, I had a good amount of difficulty removing all of the old one. It had disintegrated over the years and only little bits and pieces were left. I used a flat blade screwdriver to get the remains out of the trough in front and both sides, with the vent wide open. I then closed the vent and used an ice pick to get the stuff from the trough on the back side. I then masked off the area and used carb cleaner to loosen up the old glue, and then wiped the trough down with paint thinner. I then sprayed a rust inhibiting paint in the trough, then a primer, then finish color. Once this all dryed I used a permatex windshield product and coated the bottom of the trough, dropped in the new gasket, and closed the vent to hold the gasket in place. Looks as good as new.

P.S. I also used the rust inhibiting paint, primer, and finish color on the vent screen.

Hope this helps!


Bruce (I love My Truck) Miller

1954 5 Window 3100 Chevy Pickup - Driver
1929 **** Model A Pickup - Restoration