| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
117
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 | Thanks guys i did read about the Synchromesh fluid And i will go with that. I am like a Ronco guy set it and forget it. It take me a while after coutless hours of research then once i am done i want to note what i am using and make it the standard until something happens.
Side note just made it back from the junk yard. In the evening i cut the shaft to modify it so i can use the original shifter and after drilling the new hole 1.25 inch above the original hole on the shifter for the pin and spacer. I did not drill it center on the shaft. To pull a new shifter $18.00 i guess thats the fun doing things you never done.
Thanks lugnutz i really appreciate the research and explanation you wrote.
I am trying to keep my boo boos to a min.
Thanks again to all with the input.
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen 56 Chevy 3100 | | |
| |
| |