I have a 53 3100 with a 235 engine that came from a 1962 truck. The truck was just finished and has about 400 miles on it. I had a new radiator installed during restoration. I live in Texas and I took it out on a very hot day. About 5 miles from my house, the engine got hot and the radiator boiled over. I ended up having the radiator rotted out and that fixed the overheating problem. I don't have a temperature gauge because I couldn't get any of the replacement gauages to work so I installed just an idiot light which worked fine. After my overheating I would like to also install an aftermarket temp gauge under the dash. Is there another place I could connect it to the motor since I'm using the traditional place at the back of the head for my light? I was told that I could use one of the connections on my water pump. Would that work or is there a better place to connect it? Thanks