| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 8 | As I am sure that this topic has been beaten to death I apologize in advance. I have a 1950 4403 that I am attempting to place back into service after sitting for probably six years. Long story short My grandfather gave the truck to me after he had purchased it from my dad. I Ultimatley would like it to pull my camper from jobsite to jobsite as I travel more than I'd like. Okay on to my question. I was researching old car manual project and I noticed that the spindle size for the 3600, 3800 and 4400 are the same diamaters. Wouldn't it be possible to simply swap the hubs from any of those models? In turn wouldn't that alow someone to run an eight bolt wheel on a 1.5 ton truck? The more about this i read the more confused I become as I am not wanting to do p-30 cut and swaps (although Grigg your work is phenominal, just a little to advanced for my blood). that would also allow a simple rear axle swap to a 1 ton without much modification. not withstanding wrong tire size looks, what do all think? | | | |
Entire Thread
|
spindles, wheels, and tires
| tko | 12/07/2014 3:10 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Grigg | 12/07/2014 2:29 PM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Dodgecummins | 12/15/2014 11:10 PM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Grigg | 12/15/2014 11:57 PM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Whitedog | 12/16/2014 2:06 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Grigg | 12/16/2014 2:18 PM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Dodgecummins | 12/18/2014 5:06 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Grigg | 12/18/2014 5:27 PM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Whitedog | 12/18/2014 5:30 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Dodgecummins | 12/19/2014 4:24 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Whitedog | 12/22/2014 4:59 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Grigg | 12/19/2014 4:42 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Dodgecummins | 12/19/2014 5:00 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| tko | 12/21/2014 3:12 PM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Rich'sToys | 12/22/2014 5:23 AM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| Grigg | 12/22/2014 11:02 PM |
Re: spindles, wheels, and tires
| tko | 12/25/2014 4:44 AM | |
| |
| |