It's Amtrakjoe from the northern alliance. It's time my friends.
I would like to hold a "dismantling" gathering some time in January or February. My idea would be to have the brethren travel to ODSS North HQ shop outside of Philadelphia. Brothers Roache, Hambone, Schmidt, Sweet and Milliman have visited the shop in the past. It's not too offensive and can easily house anyone who could work up an interest to attend. I figure we could bunk in the shop with cots, air-matresses etc. We have a shower, good heat and 3 bathrooms.
My goal would be to remove my cab, engine, dump body leaving me a load of ziplock bags with parts and a rolling chassis to head to the sandblaster.
I would invite you all to the house but it's too small to handle the large crowd of help I anticipate. Beer and barbecue is on me guys. And brother Milliman - can we arrange for Gort to travel? There are a few trailers in the yard I need moved around.........Of course if there's no salt on the roads - I get it.
I have a compressor, some air tools, a gallon of PB Blaster, gloves, rags and shear will. There is also a fork truck that I have no idea how to run to lift off the cab and the dump body. Brother Marlow - there is a vintage gooseneck trailer for the taking that would compliment your collection. I'll string some lights and Gort can tow it south..............A quart of single malt awaits the president if he chooses to bless us with his presence. Am I nuts guys ?