I bought this truck from the guy who bought it at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1955-CHEVROLET-3100-PICKUP-116374He paid $24,200 for it, paid to ship it to Alberta, paid 5% tax on it at the border then put it in his garage for a year, never registering it.
Last winter when it was 35* below zero, with 3 feet of snow on the ground he puts it up for sale for $30,000.
In the dead of winter of course he got no calls...........except mine.
I told him the most I would pay was $20,000 CDN and he jumped at it.
The engine number indicates it's a 235 from a '56 2 ton with heavy-duty clutch.
I've put a lot of work into this truck in the year I've had it, 261 cam, lifters, pushrods and valve springs, HEI, Thickstun intake and valve cover, rebuilt the Langdon carbs and 4.11 12-bolt with a locker.
Here and waiting to go in this winter are an Advance Adapters 2 speed Ranger overdrive auxiliary transmission (27% O.D.), Muncie SM465 4-speed, ZOOM carbon-ceramic clutch, twin stick NP205 transfer case, DANA 44 front diff with Detroit Tru-Trac and Stainless Steel Brakes rear discs.
When done, the truck will have 4 shift levers, 16 forward gears and 3 reverse gears in your choice of front wheel drive, rear wheel drive or 4 wheel drive.
The twin stick transfer case allows you to safely isolate which diff combos you want to utilize.
Front wheel drive burnouts should surprise a few.
The AA Ranger overdrive aux trans is 7" long and mounts in front of the transmission. It's good for 400 lb ft of torque.
The 205 transfer case has it's own crossmember that mounts to the frame rails, so in conjunction with the rear motor mounts being on the cast iron bellhousing the powertrain is actually better supported than on a new truck.
I'll take pictures as I do the conversion.