You get what you pay for...good luck with that $25.00 rebuild. After over 25 years of just antique starter and generator restorations....NO late model stuff. I can tell you my time and knowledge is worth way more than $25.00. Lets take a look at parts cost for a 1107634 starter used on Chevy trucks from 1955-1961....this is the later model 12 volt version of the stomp starter. No shipping cost included of course and these are actual "WHOLESALE" prices...NOT retail.
$40.00 armature...on sale..good price this month.
$26.00 field coil set.
$10.00 standard starter drive, not the heavy duty version I always use
$ 8.00 switch, made in China...I don't use them....junk
$2.35 Comm-end bushing
$ .45 Drive end bushing.

These are just a few parts that may or may not need replacing in just a rebuild. Now try supplying all these parts that are made in the U.S.A. which is the only way to go as I won't use the foreign cheap junk that has the rebuilding market flooded. I can't see how anyone can, in good conscious, spend good money on foreign parts and install them in there Classic Chevy American Made Truck.....$25.00 isn't going very far.
Thats about all I have to say about that.

Originally Posted by lefty1
Thanks Jerry. I just cannot see how anyone can, in good conscious, charge someone more than $25 or so more that rebuilding regular starter. The only difference I can see is the starter button, which would run about that.