I'm currently working on my 52 6400 which was an old grain truck but I see there is some interest in old fire trucks on this site. The reason I'm posting this is I'm the city auditor for the City of Hansboro, ND. It isn't much of a town, we have about 6 people but still try to conduct business. Anyway the city owns a 1946 Chevy fire truck and is sitting in the old crumbling fire hall. The mayor and the other council member agree with me that we should try to sell this old truck before the old building falls on it. I have not been able to get in and examine it yet so no idea on the condition. It last ran in 2005 for our Centennial parade. I am trying to get the mayor to get permission from the county to drag it out and store it in a building the county has here in town where it will be protected until we can find a buyer. I'm wondering if there would be any interest on this site, obviously I will need to get pictures. The truck looked pretty good when I saw it in 2005, no idea how much it has deteriorated since. I know it has to be posted in the swap meet section and not here. Would appreciate any comments or thoughts on this. This truck should go to a collector who could appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Steve