Thanks folks!
I ordered a book on babbitt pouring the other day, even if I don't do it myself, it'll end up being helpful to know what I'm talking about. I already have a copy of Engine Builders Handbook, which boost my confidence in doing the work. I've helped others assemble motors before, so it's not all new to me.

My truck came with a bearing 1956 235, which I'll keep in case I end up using the truck more than I expect. I purchased a 1953 (last year) 216 out of a half ton that is in rough shape. A fellow forum member is hooking me up with what should be a proper 1937 motor out of his parts 1937 1.5 ton truck, so I'm hoping the numbers line up with the year and "T". I didn't realize the number should match the cab as well, so as close as I can get then I suppose.

In your paint experience, were the manifolds painted gray as well, or was it just bolted on and therefore just showing over spray?

Last edited by Frantz; 10/16/2014 12:26 PM.

-Doug Frantz
37 Chevy 1.5 ton and various other scraps of iron still on the road