| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (tclederman, Hambone, sron48, Gdads51, cmayna, dt235sd, papas52, Bruce 1954-4100),
140
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 | I have a two pin alt on my 52 1/2 ton. I also have a 12 volt regulator. No one wire here. It takes a single rev up to about 1000 rpm to get it charging. Works fine and has no issues. I hit that rpm range at the first shift point from my driveway and after that no problems. I only use one pin out of the two, battery. It might be an internal regulator? It might not. It works so I have not messed with it. Will yours self excite at higher RPM? If not you might have a defective BOOB(Bad Out Of Box) regulator. Load switch like your headlight switch won't have any effect on the alternator, But might cause some issues if not fused.
Steve H
| | |
| |
| |