Originally Posted by Errol
...Is it possible to post pics? I'm going to try and compare to see if just MAYBE the spindles can swap on the orig axle beam.
I'd like to see what you've got since I've got a '64 C50.

Errol
Here's a lot of info on this sort of swap, with pictures.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=725027#Post725027

This is my truck. I did use the 3500HD steering linkage and an IH Scoutt II steering box, perhaps should have used a larger box though it works just fine. Most likely will not use the 3500HD steering linkage if I do it again.
https://picasaweb.google.com/118082...ictures02?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Another swap using largeer Spicer front axle components on an original 2 ton axle beam.
https://picasaweb.google.com/118082...dranger02?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Never mind, I was about to post again some of the links I've already posted in my previous replies above like the F350 with Meritor rear axle...
The links and pictures are there if you want to look at them.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-