I did the same as you with my 58 GMC. I used the saddle mount which goes inside and across the frame to mount my 350. The only thing I had to do is after installing the engine the drive shaft angle was a little to sharp so I cut the flat bar that holds the piece the motor mount bolt loose and added some heighth to it. This mount left the parking brake mechanizum in the stock location. I wanted mine to not change anything on the truck from stock so if someone later wanted to put it back stock they could.
If you can could you please take a picture of how the rod on the parking brake connects under the dash I would appreciate it. I'm missing those pieces and need to know what and how it goes. Thanks Larry
Last edited by LarryW; 09/13/2014 12:06 AM.