You say "Freshly Rebuilt". That SOUNDS good,but was it done recently enough to have a guarantee,as previously mentioned? Since the engine "supposedly" has never been used,is there a transferable warranty? If that's the case,then the asking price sounds reasonable.I.E.:1 year/12,000 miles,parts/labor. If not,please take Carl and Alvin's advice. I bought a "good" 350 Buick Diesel,to replace one in an Olds Toronado. Customer drove it with three broken connecting rods,60 MILES!! Had to replace the injector pump,motor mounts,injectors,and since we had to have the pan patched and welded,anyway,I plasti-gauged the rod bearings. The Best one was out .010! Some "good" engine! Junk yard did not have any warranty,or guarantee,either! Live and Learn!! Cost more to fix the engine,than we bid to change them out!! Oh,and he forgot to mention the torque-converter seal,(Diesel,Front-wheel-drive), in the tranny leaked,until AFTER we test-drove the dang thing!Good luck.

Last edited by wetwilly5757; 09/03/2014 5:06 AM.

Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.