| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,261 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Dan,
3B and Spanky are good members to appeal to. Wait to hear from them.
I have recently put new bushings and pads in a 54/55 2-ton GMC COE which could very likely be different.
I was lucky that the rubber bushings and the two forward mounting-bolts were the same size as used in the 1954 3100 cab mounts (I had 3 different mounting kits for that size/year truck).
The large thick rubber/composition pad between the front cab and the frame perch for the front of the cab was the same dimensions as used on the pickup. However, I had 3100 mounting kits from different vendors, and the size (length/width of the square) of the pads differed between kits.
The shackle bars and bolts were different. The 3100 shackles had two plates and two bolts. The 54/55 COE shackles had one plate with holes and the other plate with two bolts integral to the plate. There was a metal ferrule over each bolt and the rubber bushings fit over the ferrules. I was able to use the bushings with my old rear shackle hardware.
I'll double check and post corrections, if I am wrong.
| | |
| |
| |