Ok fellas, its been a few days since I've had a chance to go out and mess with the 54'. So I had made some more very minor adjustments a few days ago and finally had time to take her out for a ride tonight. I must say I am very pleased with the brakes now! Good hard pedal and stops nicely. I wanted to also see just how hot everything was getting, so I borrowed a temperature gun from work to check out the drum temps under normal driving. I went through town with a bunch of stopping and going, and down the highway for a total of about 8 miles. The front brakes were reading from 125-135 degrees and the rear brakes were reading 145-160 degrees. From some of the research I had done the average is 160-180 on drum brakes normally. I finished the ol' girl about 3 weeks ago, I figured I would have to work some bugs out of it somewhere lol. I would like to thank each one of you who has replied to my posts, its been a great help when one is frustrated. This is a great community of people who all have a love of keeping some of finest trucks ever made on the road. So again thank you and I'll try to get some pics of my ride up here soon.