Red58, I think you nailed it. I'm really doubting the quality of the starter, even though NAPA is a good parts store, it's the only thing that makes sense to me.
12v from the battery to the starter, ground & power cables properly secured. Hit the solenoid button and it should spin. But all I hear is a spark/sizzle and then nothing.
Two weeks ago when I first installed the other starter it fired right up and was working fine until yesterday morning. I added an oil filter assembly and fired up the engine, it fired up fine, then I shut it down to check the oil level, then attempted to start up again, but no dice.
Took the starter off and went and got another one but had the same issue.
I also replaced the battery yesterday evening, not that I needed to but it was old and I actually needed the battery for another car so it just kind of worked out. I also replaced both battery cables.