I'm looking to purchase new tires for my '49 3800. Currently, the truck has 7.50-17's that have a diameter of 32.5". The owners manual calls for 7.00-17's and the only ones that I can find are Firestones that have a diameter of 31.6". I like the higher profile the larger tires provide and I don't want to reduce my current tire size. Friends of mine told me about Tornel and STA tires as possible replacements but both have diameters of about 34.5". Turning my current front wheels, I don't think I have enough fender clearance for tires with another 2" of diameter, i.e., one inch of radius. I'd like to keep the overall tire diameter of the replacement tires to about 33.5". Any suggestions?

Last edited by 49oneton; 08/01/2014 2:20 PM.

1952 Chevy 1/2-Ton 3100
1949 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
1953 Chevy 3600 3/4 Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket