I am a big purist where modifying things are concerned, I do not want anything cut, or welded to the point where I cant put it back to original. Someday, this wont be my truck and I just want it easy to put back to original if the new owner feels that way.

The booster would make me have to get a different crossmember or modify my original. Since I have never done this front disc brake mod before, I want to see first how the pedal feels when I apply the brakes without the booster. I would rather not have to have more parts to replace if they go bad if I can help it. If I do not like how hard it is to put on the brakes, I will unbolt the crossmember and put the custom one in and the booster later.

I am one of those that has to see the difference first and since none of you live near me with and without the booster, I have to learn the hard way.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet