I got it! Woo Hoo!

Borrowed a 'Pickle Fork' and used a Big Hammer, and 'Bink!' it popped right out.

Vehicle is my 1960 P-20 Step Van.

I'd dropped the Pan a couple weeks ago, with the idea of wanting to see if it had any old sludge in it...Pan would only drop a few inches, Tie Rod and Cross Member being in the way of it being able to move back far enough to come out...so I had to peer in from the sides, more or less, with a small Flashlight.

I had Bolted the Pan back up, and, then it was leaking pretty bad at the Rear when I ran the Engine.

Anyway, so, to-day, I got the Tie Rod end off on one side, and swung the Tie Rod out of the Way, and the Pan had enough room then to come off easily.

Once I had the Pan off I could see why I was having the leak at the rear - the "U" shaped Black Rubber Gasket element had fallen off into the Sump.

I have no Jack at the moment, ( only two ancient Cast Iron Hydraulic Bottle Jacks, which sadly are both refusing to operate now, ) so Van is just standing normally, not on Jack Stands.

Cleaning the Pan now, and I will straighten-tap the old bulged Bolt Holes, and install a new Pan Gasket Set all around, using plenty of Gasket Sealer on the Pan-side.

Last edited by Thriftmaster_Phi; 07/16/2014 3:02 AM.