| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,459 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 241 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 241 | That's the stuff. This is not a recommendation just my experience. Years ago I built a willys truck with a sm420 trans and a.dana18 t case with a warn overdrive. Its a plow truck used.at my grandfathers property. When it was cold l mean really cold the trans and case were hard to use. After a few years the 18 case got loud and I tore it down and put new bearings in. At the same time I put castrol syntec 15-50 motor oil in the gear boxes. Since then it has worked great even at 25 below and nothing weird is going on even with the trouble some dana 18 intermediate shaft bearings. Just thought i would share. Thanks for sharing, as I said I am looking for advice to help decide what to use. Novak also mentions the use of 50 motor oil. Mark | | |
| |
| |