| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (‘37ChevyPU, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, 1 invisible),
81
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,451 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 241 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 241 | Hello; I have recently cleaned out and put new gaskets and seals on my Muncie 4 speed for my 52 9430 GMC. I have read several posts on this forum and others regarding the use of proper oils in synchromesh transmissions. I have read that you should not use Hypoid oil or GL5 oil due to sulphur content affect the yellow metal in the syncros. I have been trying to find a SAE90 GL4 gear lube with no success here in Canada with no success. I see lots of 80W 90 GL4,GL5 rated oil but am hesitant to but it due to the GL5 rating. Novak actually make a statement that GL5 is ok which has confused the issue http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/sm420.htmAny advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark | | |
| |
| |