IMHO...
Original is always golden around where I'm from and you mention original is hard to come by in your parts. Cheaper to fix what is there than spend money on something unless it is what YOU want. Personally I would do a frame swap on a truck that has a frame swap gone wrong (and is probably for sale really cheap). It is only original once and probably wont be worth as much as when it is a 92 s-10.
Being in Western Canada, I can honestly say that a well done frame swapped truck is worth much more than a 100% restored truck. They're also cheaper to do as well, it's much more expensive to get parts for the original stuff around here.
I know LMC pretty much has everything, but I`m trying to make the decision on swapping frames, drive trains, etc. Around where I live in Saskatchewan, Canada...Been told the 1948-52 or so 1/2 tons are hard to come by. I just want to know I made the right decision is all. Its a shortbox, original drive train, new 16" rubber. Does have an extra trans and rad that would likely need rebuilt. I`m unsure whether its worth the hassly of looky loos.
If what you're asking is whether or not the original frame and drivetrain is worth anything, unless it's 100% restored, don't expect to get more than a couple hundred dollars for it.