The 49' regulator comes out the bottom and the glass out the top. The way it slips into the glass and a small inner track I am not sure if you could get it out this way. You could try completely unbolting the regulator from the door and seeing if it would collapse enough. Having had this problem on trucks I was parting I know you have a couple of alternatives. You can use a thin cutting blade to grind the clutch heads off. You would then need to remove them from the frame. I have done this by welding them, see my tech tip:
http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/bolt_broken_remove.html
You can also get a small set of vice grips (with good teeth) and clamping the bolt heads, turn them a small amount eventually getting them loose enough to remove.
Here is a slide set with some good pictures on positioning and removal of the glass, let us know if removing the regulator from the glass is possible, good luck.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/sets/72157641244124604/