| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (tclederman, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
132
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | I am not even a novice painter but I decided to purchase an AccuSpray turbine system for a few reasons.
Main reason for turbine system:
1. With a turbine system, there will never be contamination (oil or water) in my air. This is not an insignifant problem. Also, I will not have to buy a high quality filtration/desiccant system.
Other reasons for HVLP system:
2. I use 50% or less material (than was being used by a friend of mine who was painting my truck) and I estimate that the system will pay for itself with one restoration. Of course, this saving in paint would be similar in a compressec air turbine system.
3. Overspray is minimal compared to non HVLP (same in compress-air and turbine systems).
Notes: - A turbine system warms the air and this takes getting use to. - An experienced painter finds is awkward holding the gun so close to the surface to be painted (6-8 inches and sometimes closer). - The turbine system is portable (no need for compressor and air-purification system (I have already found this to be useful painting outside my garage).
Since I have no investment of money or experience in a compressed air system, the turbine HVLP seemed logical.
When you buy an HVLP gun it is made for either a compressor or a turbine. Some companies sell adapters. What brand and model gun do you have?
Tim | | |
| |
| |