| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Phak1, Gdads51, Youngin' Tut 59, Greg_H, carbking, Wayne67vert, 1 invisible),
99
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 27 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 27 | I have been going through the same thing, w/ many different oppinions on repairing methods, I had to cut a small section out of mine, and was able cut a patch out of an extra rear cross member I had. The gage appears to be 10ga if I am correct, I measured mine on one of the rear legs w/ a gauge. I cut mine out fitted the replacement section and then beveled the edges of both the patch and the chassis. I welded it in place w/ my Mig welder. I was talking to a guy the other day and he mentioned heating this area up before one welded w/ a Mig to get better penetration, I do not know if this is true? | | |
| |
| |