| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,513 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 | I went through the same thing with the '48 2 ton.
My bearing shop was able to locate some, but didn't want to get them because the price was insane. In the range of $300 per bearing. I couldn't find any other suppliers for new parts.
I found some NOS parts on Ebay at normal prices.
If I hadn't, the next step was to convert to tapered rollers. There is no drop in match. My bearing shop is really good at working with customers and was sure we could find a combination of SAE and metric parts that would work and only require me to do a minimum amount of machining to modify the hubs. | | |
| |
| |