On Tuesday morning my fan belt broke when I stated up the truck, luckily I had a new one just in case so I changed it out. Well yesterday on the way home from work I smell antifreeze while sitting at a stop light looked down and the gauge was up near 212. I stopped and opened up the heater valve I have under the hood and drove home with the heater on. It would creep down to normal as long as I was running over 45mph but as soon as I slowed down it start going back up. Didn't have much time last night to look into it because of other obligations but I did check and tighten the fan belt a little but when I ran it again the same thing happened. With the fan belt breaking and then this happening I'm thinking water pump, but I'm also going to check the thermostat (160 now) and radiator to see if it's plugged. Is there anything else I should check? This engine was rebuilt back in 90 or 91 and driven until 95 then parked until April '13 when I restated it. I had flushed the radiator and engine then but I guess it's possible some rust may have come loose in the 3500 miles I've driven since then. This is a 55 235 but it looks like it has the older water pump on it and the fan sits low but I've never had this issue before.