I'm installing all new wires on my 50 chevy 3100. I'm using an original 6 volt type harness with the conversion harness to change to 12 volts with internal regulator. I'm installing the instrument cluster wires to the amp meter and the gas gauge. I know that with 12 volts, there will be less current flow through the amp meter but will this thing work for 12 volts? Also wondering if I need to do anything different for the fuel gauge?(I have a new tank and sending unit looks like it has one wire terminal connection spot on top of the sending unit. Third question in my mind; What fuse upgrades would be good to keep the possibilities of trouble out of the picture? I am using a fuse block like GM used in the mid 60s because I need to fuse the heater circuit for my oe heater I have added and fuses for a stereo system . Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to smell melting wires!


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4