In my work of restoring my 1929 6cyl 194 I have gotten a lot of help from fellow members here, I am much appreciative for all the advice and assistance.
I am compiling information for my Documentation I am doing. Mainly so that if/ when I have to do anything again I can reference my notes and answer the questions, BUT more so that I can publish and relay this information to fellow members in need.
I am working on torque numbers for various components. I do understand that back in 1929 torque specs were not common if used at all. I am trying to be practical in todays mechanical nature to tighten things down properly and to NOT over tighten. So these numbers I say are more of a GUIDELINE in lieu of being LAW.
Powertrain Components
Piston Pin Bolt: 25 - 30 ft-lb
Main Bearing: 75 - 80 ft-lb
Rod Bearing: 25 - 35 ft-lb
Oil Pan Bolts (Corner): 12 1/2 - 15 ft-lb
Oil Pan Bolts (Rail): 6 - 7 1/2 ft-lb
Timing Gear Cover: 6 - 8 ft-lb
Cylinder Head Bolt: 60 - 70 ft-lb
Rocker Arm Bolt: 25 - 30 ft-lb
Spark Plug: 20 - 25 ft-lb
Flywheel Bolt: 50 - 60 ft-lb
Wheels
Jaxon Bolts: __ - __ ft-lb
Lug Nuts: __ - __ ft-lb
Transmission Components
I have not gotten any info in regards to Transmission Portions, but will gladly accept the info.
Please look this list over and provide feedback, corrections, recommendations... This information has been compiled from information I have gathered over the last few years in working on my car.