Took the truck over to Hemet today, and pulled into the drive thru lane at Carls Jr. Had to shut off the engine so I could hear the gal on the order speaker. When done ordering, tried to fire up the truck, no nada. Luckily, it was a downhill back out of the order lane into a parking spot. Went in and got my order and ate while pondering, "whats wrong with the truck?" After breakfast, went out and tried to start it again. nada, engine does not turn over. Then noticed I had left the headlights on, pushed the switch in and turned off the lights, and hit the starter, truck fired up just like nothing was ever wrong. When I got back on the roadway, noticed that the volt meter was only reading 13 volts,(one wire altenator) when it should normally read 14. Drove on, heading for home in Moreno Valley, and the meter started to read 14 volts and stayed that way all the way home. When I got home, the truck started several times, just like normal. I'm thinking my ground connections may need cleaning? As an aside, 3 carloads of people pulled in to see my truck, and all bought food from Carls. Maybe I should talk to the manager about parking the truck out front for a small fee! He could have a couple of magnetic signs made up to put on the doors!!
