I was fiddling around with the starter button and switch. When I go to start it just by stepping on the starter, I get nothing at all.

When we put a wrench between the starter switch and the arm that comes down to push it, it starts.

So I figure its out of line a bit but I can't see where I can adjust things.

Now, this might be a dumb way to fix it but I'm going to experiment and see if this will do for now. I'm going to take a 1/4 inch thick piece of scrap metal and secure it to the top of the button on the starter.

Then I'm going to see what happens. If it starts - then I'll leave it like that until I need to change it.

Is that a bonehead idea for a temporary fix?

Thanks guys.


Us girls like them ol trucks too!
New Pics of my 53 Chevy:
Side: http://tinyurl.com/3xtgfa
Dash: http://tinyurl.com/2npafu
Front: http://tinyurl.com/3dhlkv


Savage