Thanks guys,
That lead to some interesting reading.

Duo-Safety (and others) make a "folding attic ladder" of a design that I saw about 20 years ago in a then very old wood ladder and thought was really cool, neat to see they still make a similar modern version. Collapsed it's more like a pole than a ladder.

Also looked up the aluminum equivalent to what I have, and it'd cost $677. More than twice what I would have guessed, even for a fire ladder instead of a construction type.

Here's a link for new wood ladders http://www.alacoladder.com/fire-ladders.php

Story about San Francisco ladders
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...ion-also-saves-2584568.php#photo-2694705

Learn something new everyday,

Grigg



•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-