Originally Posted by sweetpealane
...Steering wheels from the suppliers are so expensive! Is there a specific finish that will hold up over the years? Mine is basically sound just dingy and dirty with a few cracks.

thanks,
lane

I thought the same thing until I found factory second steering wheels offered by Jim Carter (part #CB509B). Since I planned on painting the black steering wheel the proper color, I figured it would be easy to repair any small flaw. The wheel I received for $120.00 was darn near good enough to use as is. I am happy with the purchase as saving the $120 to repair my old cracked original wheel simply did not make sense to me at the cost of the replacement.

I plan on painting the wheel with Rustoleum #7272 to match the steering column and shift lever. After drying for at least one week, I will top coat with automotive catalyzed clear. Should make the paint very durable. Use same process on column and shift lever.