I'm getting ready to install my rebuilt engine and trans back in my 50 chevy 3100. My engine builder mentioned that he could not find the gasket needed for the rear of the trans. I removed the pivoting yoke cover and found the u joint at rear of trans very loose in both directions and evidence where it has been hitting the torque tube round pivoting housing. It seems like some type of spacer is missing that allows the ujoint to slide in and out of the bearing cups as if it is the wrong part. Where might I find a new u joint and what types of seals are needed for this type of driveshaft set up? This is my first encounter with a torque tube. Please help?


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4