I am into really precision body work after welding in panels, fixing things on these old trucks you never know what you are going to run into.

So I needed something smaller than the 3 inch die grinder with carbide tipped rasps. Too large to get into the really finesse work. My original Dremel was discontinued in 1978 and died recently, so I purchased the new model 4000 with the 150 pc kit. It comes with a flex shaft attachment and I also got the 90 degree attachment so there should be no problems getting almost anywhere. Then, you can purchase the same carbide tipped rasps (only much smaller) for the Dremel.

Time will tell, but the attachments seem a bit cheap. The 90 degree attachment gets very hot when used at higher RPMs. So does the flex attachment. Nothing has failed so far, but it just makes me nervous. This is one of those companies that moved their manufacturing facilities to Mexico after Clinton approved the free trade agreement. No idea if it has anything to do with my assessment, just sayin.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet